Aviseringar
Rensa alla

Den negativa aspekten av fotbolls-VM

Ämnesstartare

http://www.amnesty.se/nyheter/nyheter/86333/    

http://a3.mndcdn.com/image/upload/hw7vtkkdeo0qz7cwmj6v.pdf  

In recent weeks, Brazil has witnessed thousands of protesters in the streets as the country
prepares to host the football World Cup. The current protests echo huge demonstrations that
took place last year, in which Brazilians expressed their discontent with increased public
transportation costs, high World Cup spending and insufficient investment in public services.
The protests in 2013, which began in São Paulo in June, reached an unprecedented scale,
with hundreds of thousands of people participating in mass demonstrations in dozens of
cities.
The police response to the wave of protests in 2013 was, in many instances, violent and
abusive. Military police units used tear gas indiscriminately against protesters – in one case
even inside a hospital – fired rubber bullets at people who posed no threat and beat people
with hand-held batons. Hundreds were injured, including a photographer who lost his eye
after being hit by a rubber bullet. Hundreds more were indiscriminately rounded up and
detained, some under laws targeting organized crime, without any indication that they were involved in criminal activity. 

Deficiencies in policing, especially around inadequate training and lack of accountability,
raise serious concerns that the right to protest will be severely undermined during the
upcoming World Cup tournament. The country’s planned reliance in some cities on
conventional military forces, whose record in carrying out policing duties is poor, exacerbates
these concerns.

Some state and federal legislators have lately been calling for tougher laws to give police and
prosecutorial authorities more power to quell protests. The accidental killing of a cameraman
in February 2014 by fireworks let off by a demonstrator helped fuel such calls, and political
authorities took advantage of the controversy caused by the death to lobby for a more
hardline response. While the vast majority of people who have taken to the streets over the
past year have expressed their views peacefully, there has been violence by some groups and
individuals, with some demonstrators destroying property, starting fires, blocking traffic and
clashing with police.

A range of legislative proposals is currently pending in the National Congress and could
potentially be used to undermine the right to protest. For example, a new draft
counterterrorism law includes a broad definition of terrorism that would, among other things,
extend to damage to goods and essential services, and there are fears that it might be
misused against protesters. A raft of other proposals would expressly cover protests, including
banning the wearing of masks during protests, and requiring protesters to give advance notice
of demonstrations to government authorities. Yet it is far from clear why this legislation is
needed. Brazil already has an array of legal tools for responding to vandalism and violent
hooliganism; adding further, overly broad laws serves neither the rights of individuals nor the
interests of Brazilian society as a whole.

skicka ett gult kort till Brasiliens president! 
https://www.aiyellowcard.org/se

Citera

länken funka int?

SvaraCitera

huliganer är elaka

SvaraCitera

Oops!Det verkar som att sidan du vill till inte finns.
Prova att söka i rutan nedanför eller leta i vårt internationella arkiv
till höger. Lycka till!

SvaraCitera

fifa är djävulen

SvaraCitera

Orkar ej klicka länken men ah hemskt, drf jag bojkottar vm (tänkte åka dit)

SvaraCitera

Länken fungerar ej, men visst är det hemskt när u-länder ska arrangera sånt. Man borde även upplysa om Qatars (som är ett väldigt rikt land) arrangemang av vm, hur de utnyttjar arbetskraft från fattiga länder, hur många som har dött hittills pga arbetsmiljön, hur dåligt betalt de får etc. 

SvaraCitera
Ämnesstartare

Fkpaw:
länken funka int?

My dreams are her:
till höger. Lycka till!

prova att ladda om sidan bara så ska det fungera 🙂 

SvaraCitera
Ämnesstartare

kan nån mod fixa så att brasilien är rättstavat? Rodnar

SvaraCitera
Kaja
 Kaja

Brasilien är ungefär sämst på att ta hand om de människor i landet som inte är rika. Sen tenderar stora sportevenemang alltid att göra saker värre (OS i Grekland, Kina & Ryssland t.ex).

SvaraCitera

Fkpaw:
länken funka int?

My dreams are her:
till höger. Lycka till!

kakakaka: Länken fungerar ej

shatter: prova att ladda om sidan bara så ska det fungera 🙂 

ta bort mellanslaget i slutet av adressen i adressfältet så ska det fungera.

SvaraCitera

Kan inte riktigt förstå varför man ständigt måste bygga dessa enorma arenor? Kan man inte ha som regel att man inte bygger allt för många arenor utan istället kör på dem man redan har. Tycker en bra grej vore ifall VM måste gå plus minus 0, alltså att man enbart får spendera intäkterna man får in på exempelvis nya arenor. Var ju liksom samma snack när VM var i Sydafrika. 

SvaraCitera