Aviseringar
Rensa alla

Grodan - en tråd om att vilja leva

Ämnesstartare

A little frog was hopping around the farmyard. He was looking for good things to eat.

He saw a cricket hop into the milk shed. The cricket hopped through the door. So, the frog hopped through the door.

The cricket hopped up to the table top, and the frog hopped up to the table top. The cricket hopped to the window ledge, and the frog hopped to the window ledge. The cricket hopped out the window. But the frog fell, "SPLASH!" right into the milk pail.

The pail was filled half way with fresh milk. The level of the milk was too low for him to reach the top of the pail. The sides of the pail were high, and he could not climb out. The frog kicked, and he swam in circles until he became tired. He tried to close his eyes just to rest for a few seconds, but he sank to the bottom of the pail where his nostrils filled with milk. He could not breathe.

He used his legs to push off the bottom and kicked with all his might until he came to the surface again. He was so afraid, and he was so tired. He just wanted to rest. But every time, he quit kicking, he sank into the milk again and started to drown.

The frog did not give in to his fear or his tired legs. He kicked and he kicked and he kicked and he kicked.

Then, something strange happened. The milk began to turn thicker around him. At first, this made kicking even harder. The thickened milk tried to suck him to the bottom of the pail. It was harder than even to swim and to kick. But, still the frog would not give up.

Finally, the milk turned thick enough that the frog could stand on top of it instead of sinking in. The milk had been turned into butter through all the kicking and turning and churning of the frog. The frog was able to climb out to safety and to return to his family.

When your life gets really tough.

When you think you've had enough

When the world works you to death

Just try to take a big deep breath

Try so hard before you rest

Keep on working, do your best

Don't give up until you're done.

Don't give up until you've won.

Never Give Up!

mmm, kom ihåg det!

Stötte först på den här fabeln i en bok, Metro 2033. Människor bor i tunnelbanor efter ett kärnvapenkrig. Huvudkaraktären fick höra en nedkortad version av denna när det var jobbigt. Den fastnade i mitt huvud.

Citera
Ämnesetiketter
Ämnesstartare

Här är en annan grej om att kämpa och låta krigstrummor i bröstet slå.

Haha kommer ihåg att jag lyssnade på den om och om igen innan jag skulle skriva tentan i juni. Det var den enda tentan på hela terminen och jag hade legat bokstavligt talat sömnlös många nätter under terminen därför att jag helt enkelt aldrig visste om jag pluggade tillräckligt.

SvaraCitera

Fick grodfabeln berättad för mig av mellanstadiefröken.

Nu vet ni.

SvaraCitera
Ämnesstartare

mkt bra. Det är en fin saga.

SvaraCitera

[love][love]
i'm a champion!!!11

SvaraCitera