The 12 Reasons Skeptics Should Believe in Santa ClausThe 12 Reasons Skeptics Should Believe in Santa ClausRich Sagall
- Historical Authority - Santa Claus has been around for over 1000 years, so he must exist.
- Photographic Evidence - There are millions of photos of Santa Claus - they can't all be fakes.
- Personal Observation - All of us have seen Santa Claus - sometimes more that one at the same time.
- Government Authority - Every Christmas Eve NORAD tracks the progress of his sleigh. If he didn't exist the government wouldn't waste their time.
- Parental Authority - No parent would be so callous as to lie to their kids about Santa Claus existing.
- Postal Authority - Many kids who write letters to Santa Claus get replies. The US Postal Service wouldn't participate in a fraud by delivering letters that weren't really sent by Santa Claus.
- Cookie Monster Authority - What happens to all the cookies and milk that children leave out for Santa on Christmas Eve? How else could Santa get so rotund?
- Government Authority - Many governments have designated Christmas, Santa's day, as a national holiday. This wouldn't happen if he wasn't real.
- Musical Authority - You're going to tell me all the songs about Santa are about a fictitious character?
- Wish Fulfillment - Many of us have asked Santa to bring us something specific for Christmas and it actually arrived.
- International Authority - Santa is part of the celebration of Christmas throughout the world. How can he not be real?
- Wishful Thinking - Without Santa, life has no meaning. And who wants to life a meaningless life?
And can it be just a coincidence that there are 12 days of Christmas and 12 reason to believe in Santa?